Hi Parents,
It's been so much fun for me to spend 3 days with this sweet and hardworking group of first graders.
Yesterday we learned about Expressionism by studying The Scream by Edvard Munch. Then students chose their own emotions to show in their paintings. I think they are very expressive.
Today we had an assembly to honor Dave, our custodian. This Friday is his last day here at Sandburg before his retirement. Our class wrote and performed a poem for him.
Dave gets the recess balls down
Art messes you clean up
Vacuums our classroom
Excellent custodian!
Field Day is Friday, June 10th. Sandburg still needs about 10 more volunteers for this event, so any help you can give would be appreciated. This is also the day of the volunteer latte cart! We have so many wonderful parent volunteers in our class, I do hope you can all stop by for a free latte between 9 and 11 that day.
Lastly, here's our bicycle poem we wrote on Monday:
I like to pedal my bike
I can see
the tires
going
really
really
fast
Don't turn the gears too much
When I ride my bike I feel happy
I feel the wind
brushing against my face
I feel the sunshine
I feel breeze in my hair
I daydream
Riding a bike is fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment