Today we made some delicious 3-D layer cakes inspired by the artist Wayne Thiebaud who is famous for his paintings of cakes.
“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” Laura Ingalls Wilder
We then wrote poems about cake!
Here are a few lines your children came up with that I mixed up into a class poem:
My cake is delicious and yummy
It feels soft and smooth
It looks as if it were silk
I can hear it calling me to eat it
My cake smells like it is fresh!
Today we played Math Jeopardy and then took our end of unit math test for comparing and ordering numbers. Our next unit is Addition Facts to 18.
This Thursday is our beach field trip, please be sure to bring in your permission slips. Parent chaperones who are supervising groups of children need to be at Sandburg at 9AM to hear instructions and get their group. All other parents can meet us at the beach. Let's hope for sunny weather!
Our class blogger
I will be teaching Tuesday this week and next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

No comments:
Post a Comment