Here are some sea star paintings from last Tuesday. We were lucky to see so many in real life during our field trip (and also lucky to have such a gorgeous day!)

A group photo from the field trip compliments of Rebecca's dad.
He took lots more wonderful pictures that I will try to post separately.
Today we drew bicycles. They are not that easy to draw and your first graders did an amazing job!
We wrote a lovely bicycle poem today that I will post later this week (I'm writing this from home and the poem is at school)
I told the class I'd post the directions for drawing bikes on this blog so that they can draw more bikes at home if they'd like. I placed them at the end of this post.
Students are working at getting fast and snappy with adding doubles and doubles plus one. We also continue to work with money for our Morissey Market on Fridays.
We started reading a chapter book during Monday read aloud, Charlotte's Web.
Our class blogger is:
I will be here Tuesday and Wednesday this week (and will probably do one more post on Wednesday). Mrs. Morissey will be here Thursday and Friday.
Here are the steps for drawing a simple bike:
Circles for wheels and gears in between
Triangle for back of bike frame.
Front tubing, attached to front wheel.
Top tube, and front down tubing attached to front tube.
Seat post and handlebar post.
Seat, shaped like a saddle.
Handlebars, I encourage kids to make their handle bars facing up or down or straight out.
Cranks and pedals attached to gears.
Spokes and tires.







No comments:
Post a Comment