Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Mini-Report

Happy Monday,  




Look at our warm and cool landscapes we created today.  Your children did an amazing job!  And I'm so proud of them for using only warm or only cold for either the sky or the hills.

It was kind of messy, as you can see!   We get a lot of use out of those babywipes you sent in.   This is also probably a good time to remind everyone that Mondays are a great day to dress for mess.

Each week, I will be displaying our artwork in the hall.  As I take down the previous week's artwork, I will be collecting them so that I can compile them in ONE neat book for each child to take home with all his or her artwork for the year.   Actually, it ends up being about 3 books during the year.  Look for the first of these books right before the winter vacation.

Today we started writing in our journals.   What enthusiastic writers we have!   It was fun to hear them share their writing today.  

Thank you to everyone who was able to attend curriculum night.  We enjoyed seeing all of you there.   If you did not get a chance to sign up for conferences, Mrs. Morissey will be contacting you so you can sign up for a spot. 

This week, our class learned about dental hygiene and were terrific listeners to our guest dental hygienist who came in to speak.   Remind your children to fill in their teeth-brushing chart.

In math, students are working on comparing and ordering numbers.   At home you can reinforce what we are learning by using  "greater tha and less than" when talking about two or more numbers.

This week we will be giving 1st grade reading assessments. I will be teaching Thursday morning while Mrs. Morissey gives some of these reading assessments.  Mrs. Morissey will be able to discuss these with you at conference time.  

Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment