Today we started our day learning about the art of Mary Cassatt. She was famous for painting pictures of families (especially mothers with their children).
Inspired by Mary, we drew our own portraits of our mothers next to us. I bet you moms will recognize yourselves in these adorable portraits. I think they did a lovely job and they look so sweet.
In science we are learning all about plants and we are growing our own. It is exciting to come to school in the morning and see how much they grew.
Remember that our field trip to the Botanical Gardens is on Thursday, May 5th.
We had a terrific assembly today called Rosie the Riveter. It was a musical about how women worked in factories making planes during WWII. The students really enjoyed it.
Have a wonderful evening. I will be in teaching for Mrs. Morissey tomorrow morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment